What paint to use?for trailer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by UGA, Mar 8, 2002.

1. UGA

UGA LawnSite Senior Member

Best paint to touch up black trailer. Not covered. After a couple years of use I've noticed my trailer could really use a touch up paint job. Any suggestions as to what type of paint I should be looking at or is good old rustoleum in the can sufficient. Thanks

2. scott's turf

scott's turf LawnSite Senior Member
    from NH

I use block gloss rustoleum on my trailer. Hold up well.

3. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I just use black gloss rustolium, work fine

4. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

i used rustolium to pain my trailer, comes in can and spray can, great product

5. UGA

Thanks fella's I'll start out with 4 can and see from there how many more I need. I'm mostly painting the grate on the bottom(I don't have wood) as well as the fenders.

6. rodney

rodney LawnSite Member
    from sw,ohio

darker paint works better than a light , if trailer has high mess sides you can see through it better.
    sort of like chain link fences the brown and green are easyer to see through than the silver

7. UGA

Well I finished painting my trailer Sunday with the 5th can of Rustoleum Gloss Black and I couldn't believe how good it looked. I mean it looked better than new! It's got my 3 year old mower looking bad. I called my Great Dane dealer about some yellow paint today just in case I got the urge although I think I will be spending my money for the next month getting the double blades brackets,some new gators and a striping kit. Anyway, Thanks for the advice!

8. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Have a shop sandblast it and paint it with 2 part epoxy. Its industrial paint and will hold up better than anything else.

9. UGA

It's too late for that although I went a little crazy and ended up painting part of the muffler before I realized that was flammable paint. I'm going to start it up and stand nearby with a hose to get it burned off. What a bozo.
    I am going to at least wire brush it next time before I paint.

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

get a fire extinquisher too!