what percentage of your accounts do you find problems with?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SouthernYankee, Dec 3, 2004.

1. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

Well there have been a lot of posts lately about problems with getting paid and problems with accounts.

what percentage of your accounts do you have problems with?

2. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

Thankfully, I have not had any problems getting paid. I do however, have one customer, an elderly lady that thinks my prices are too high, and complains a bit about it. Not enough to piss me off, really. Although she always has a check for me when I am done with the job. She just comes from an era when a loaf of bread was a nickel.

3. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

about 5% . .......

4. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I have no complaints or problems with my customers all the accounts i have i have had for the past 5 years they are all full service when i'm done they say hey joe how are you? come on in they offer something to drink ask how the wife and kids are they pay me i say see you next week. hell i have 1 house i charge $140 a week they bring me out drinks if its around lunch time they say sit eat really nice people. i feel i have more than just the lawn guy and home owner relationship with my customers.

5. Mo Green

Mo Green LawnSite Bronze Member

How awesome would it be if all customers were that way......

6. wissel_landscaping

wissel_landscaping LawnSite Senior Member
    from ohio

I had alot of pita customers over the years, i have weeded them all out and since i downsized i kept the high paying ones, the ones that have been with me the longest,and the nicest lawns to cut. things are great now i couldnt ask for it to be any better.

7. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

Been doing this for 12 years and I've never been stiffed!!!

Later,
    DFW Area Landscaper

8. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have 63 accounts as of Dec 1st and most pay without any problems. I have 4 or 5 that are slow with the payment, but they all pay eventually. I don't let anyone get more than 2 months behind before stopping service.

9. naturescaretaker

naturescaretaker LawnSite Senior Member

1% are problems. They are usually in the million dollar homes too.

10. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

yup, one of my biggest problem customers lived in a 1mil + home. it was over $160. i had to actually trick him, to get paid