What percentage of your sales is mowing?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING, Oct 15, 2012.

1. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING LawnSite Bronze Member

So I was looking at my quick books this morning while doing my billing and I am currently running 43% of my total sales in mowing.
    Thought it may be a good thread to see where everyone else stands.

2. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

No replies?
    Crickets.?
    Nada?

3. McFarland_Lawn_Care

McFarland_Lawn_Care LawnSite Bronze Member

68% here..........

4. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I don't break out mowing separately, I lump it in with lawn and landscape maintenace which includes mowing, mulching, aeration, seeding, hedge trimming etc. I'm at 71% for that, 14.5% snow removal, 7% landscaping and 4% hauling and disposal, with the rest being materials and misc. That's since I started in 2002. The breakdown varies a bit year to year. In 2011 I was 25% snow removal. This year to date I'm at 73% maintenance, 15% landscaping and 6% snow removal.

5. 94gt331

94gt331 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male

%40 mowing %60 landscape design build and maint. Every year mowing is coming down, because of more interest in landscaping.

6. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

I'm probably around 73 percent mowing, 25 percent renovations and apps, and 2 percent snow. Don't really like doing snow, don't have the equipment to do a lot of it, won't buy the equipment since it would sit in the shop 3 winters out of ten, and only be used more then 3 times maybe 2 winters in ten.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING

Thanks for the replies, i suspected we may be all over the place. The reason i ask is that as i was thinking about trying to put my eggs in different baskets in case one area falls apart.
    Keep em coming.
    Good luck to all.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. clydebusa

clydebusa LawnSite Bronze Member

Out of QB. I do mostly property management so the Service repair is the largest.
    This is the last 7 years and the lift and dump truck are the newest things added in the last couple of years.

Brush Clean UP 1.13665%
    dump truck 0.06113%
    Lift 0.21464%
    Material 10.35616%
    Mileage 0.06952%
    mowing .5 hour 4.96694%
    mowing 3 hour 1.03236%
    mowing1 1 hour 1.7164%
    Services repair 79.48559% Gemeral labor
    snow removal 0.44561%
    stripping/Parklot 0.12482%

Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

90% mowing. lol I dont like to get off mower

10. Darryl G

Darryl G LawnSite Fanatic

You do stripping in parking lots? Has that ever gotten you in trouble with the law? :laugh::laugh::laugh: