What PN is G6 Blade For VX4???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by ajbkid, May 10, 2013.

1. ajbkid

ajbkid LawnSite Member

Iv got the baffle at the second from the top hole.
    Originally it was in the second from bottom hole.
    I can't believe how finicky and picky the deck is. I just want to mow! Lol.
    If it gets bad enough I wouldn't be opposed to selling it. We don't have much into. There's room for profit if we wanted too. Should sell fast in our area. Then I'd just keep our eyes open for another xr7 or another scag. It's a shame though. It's an incredible machine. Can't beat the control.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Try lowering that baffle to lowest spot or second possy with the G6 blades.
    I hear ya, when I first got the machine I was happy as ship but the once the grass settled down and the problems continued I knew there was something wrong. If you've read that other thread you'd know what I've had to do and try.
    I was expecting better than XR7 deck, boy was I in for a supprise!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. ajbkid

ajbkid LawnSite Member

I have seen the other threads but I think since it now involves me too I will read them more.
    I love pretty much everything else about the machine tough.
    Have you used other brands in the past?

4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

No, Ive only had SZ's. First was an 04/05 28efi 60, then the I think '08 31/60 XR7 and now the '11 37/60 VX4.
    The latest version is the better tractor IMO as far as hydro system and power goes but the XR7 deck has been best all round out of the 3 Ive had. That said, the VX4 can get through longer, thicker grass better but thats about it! Not talking about the finish, just ability to get through very heavy grass.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

That's a great video bro. Too bad about the QOC. Makes me glad I passed on buying one when I did. The quality of a machine makes little difference when the cut is that bad and/or the clipping dispersion is too.

6. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

Just saw your video, how are you going now with the QOC

7. ajbkid

ajbkid LawnSite Member

Much better. The blades I found have to be very very sharp. Blades how they come new arn't sharp. Also I have the deck pitch set a 0, so it's flat and not higher in back. Still doesen seem to stripe as nicely as our xr7.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. greenology

greenology LawnSite Senior Member

0 pitch is interesting. Glad to hear your having some success! Would be great to see another small vid if you get a chance :)

Cheers