1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what printer for lots of printing?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by contourbs, Jun 26, 2005.

1. contourbs

contourbs LawnSite Member

im running threw ink carts. twice a month. what kind of printer is best on ink?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Color Laser.......uses film not ink and last on average 2500 copies or more for me
  3. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Wouldn't it be cheaper either way to just get copies made at a print shop?
  4. contourbs

i use the printer for invoices and maps and uses lots of ink that way, any laser printers with faxes built in?
  5. wrestlingcoach

wrestlingcoach LawnSite Senior Member

ever thought of setting your printer on draft quality

really not much difference on most printers - a touch lighter

I do this for almost everything I print except on stuff that has to go to a big wig

you can set the printer 2 ways
    1. control panel - to printers- set options to draft - will always print that way
    2. on each individual print preferences/options set to draft quality

I saved a lot of ink that way
  6. grass-scapes

grass-scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a color laser printer from sams club. by the time you factor in the cost of the cartridges of ink, lack of moisture resistance, speed, etc, the laser is the cheapest option. I bought some blank door hangers and used my color laser to make some good door hangers to use. MUCH cheaper than the print shop. Especially since I have a custom logo. 90 bucks just for a plate, and that isn't including the cost of what I want printed. Laser copies are between .75 and a buck each depending on quantity. My hangers are two sided (that means two copies for each hanger, but two hangers per sheet)
    my cost based on yield from toner is about 12 cents per copy. plus I can make any quantity I happen to need at the time...
    Color laser is a HUGE benefit to me.
    I highly recommend it.
  7. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Need free business advice? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>
    Hi contourbs,

How about something like this from Dell.

Dell Multifunction Laser Printer $279

Print, scan, copy, and fax with the Dell Multifunction Laser Printer 1600n. Fast, durable, and versatile ,the 1600n is an excellent solution for a small workgroup or single user. Consolidate multiple office devices into one easy-to-manage multifunction printer. Networking is standard so you can improve efficiency and save space by sharing printing and scanning from the 1600n over your network workgroup.
  8. contourbs

actually thats what im gonna buy