1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What products are you guys using in your glyphosate for get faster results?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by wcb607a, May 16, 2013.

1. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

Anyone using Scythe and does it do the trick or is there something else better and cheaper?

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Depends on where its being sprayed. Sometimes I mix triplet with it but only if its not being applied near landscape plants. If its located within desirable plants then I use Quick Pro.

3. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Mix prosecutor with surfactant and diquat. I don't have my spray log with me but i believe 1.5oz per gallon of prosecutor; .25 oz 90/10 surfactant per gallon; and .10z per gallon diquat. Have very good kill and fast. Of course that is spot spray.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

Been pricing scythe out and at 4 oz, its going to cost me 2 bucks per gallon. I think a 3 way with my mix will give my good results and way cheaper and/or I will just buy quick pro.

5. ReddensLawnCare

ReddensLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Using the mix my previous posts it cost me $0.78 per gallon
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

To kill brush and vines, I use Glyphosate + Triclopyr. I use Glyphosate + Surfactant only in any ornamental beds.

7. Kleen Kutz

Kleen Kutz LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ama,La

How much do you guys charge per gallon to spray for a customer?

8. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

That looks like a good price. Best price I can get is from "Do your own pest control" at .53 cents (.75 oz) plus gly + sticker. Will have to check out my gly pricing. Thanks for all your advice.

9. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

But the labels says ".75 oz per gallon of water".

10. wcb607a

wcb607a LawnSite Member

Just saw the rate of .75 is using it by itself.