What pull behind Aerator to get?

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by CuttinUP, May 12, 2008.

1. CuttinUP

CuttinUP LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking to buy a pull behind plug aerator for my Lazer Z. Looking for one that can do residential lawns mainly. The Ryan looks awesome but I am sure that the price reflects. I don't want a POS but I don't need the best either.

2. FIRESCOOBY

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

I have a Bluebird, and it's ok. For the price I bought it for, I can't complain.

If I buy a new pull behind I'll probably get a LESCO 60". I think it is $1800.

3. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Give me a call at the office or send me an email.

You can demo one of our prototypes aerators.

David

4. grasskicker71

grasskicker71 LawnSite Member

I seen one at nations rent the other day.Around here there are some located at Lowes, I don't know about where you are. Anyway they had one similar to mine. Small barrel you fill with water about 36" and has pluggers all over it. Except theirs had long fingers like you would find on a walk behind that were bolted on so you could change them out.I like mine it does a fine job and paid 475 with the wheel kit( so you can move it around without damaging tines).So you could look them up and see what one looks like and save yourself a 1000 bucks.

5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower LawnSite Senior Member

Love my millcreek!

6. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

If money were no issue the Plugr pull behind looks good. We usually just rent a bluebird and it works fine, but not having to manually raise and lower would be real nice.

7. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

You're right the Ryan pull behinds are awesome ! I would not use it on residential though unless they are big. I got the electric lift, it is a little slow but works good. I like it because the tines all "freewheel" so it doesn't tear up the grass when you go around trees, etc (and you can turn with the tines in the ground if you have enough room)