1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

what push mower do you have, rate it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by agriffn, Feb 10, 2002.

1. agriffn

agriffn LawnSite Member

i am still searching for info on mowers.

please list your mower and any gripes or praise

how my Horsepower is good for a push mower?

Post on this site keep refereing people to use the SEARCH feature, when i use it it just finds the keywords in previous posts. am i doing it right.
  2. skyphoto

skyphoto LawnSite Member

Ya you are doing it right....Now just look at those threads that it finds......
    Now I have a 21" Ariens with the 6 hp Robin...It has pressurized oil and filter...Tough mower but it is heavy heavy! Almost say I would give up some toughness to lose a little weight. Next one will be a honda with the hyd. drive unless I find a diesel model!:D
  3. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

On a scale of one to 10 I give it a 7. I don't like the transmission speeds on it. Also it seems hard to get the bag off.

4. scagman

scagman LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Ariens 21" swivel wheel with the 6.5 briggs Intek. I rate it at 1. I like the Honda commercial 21" hydro and thats what im buyin.
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Craftman High wheel. Everyone should have one.
  6. Chuck Sinclair

Chuck Sinclair LawnSite Senior Member

Nothing but the best HRC-216 Honda i have been running them for years.
  7. augs dad

augs dad LawnSite Member

I agree with Chuck and others...I have been using the Honda hr215 for 10 years..this is a homeowners model with the heavy deck. Yes its heavy but when is the last time you had to pick up a mower?? This mower tracks itself ...a great machine...but it'll cost you...about $900...well worth it. Its' commercial cousin has a few upgrades and cuts one notch higher which I wish mine did.

Gary in Central PA
  8. TGCummings

TGCummings LawnSite Senior Member

Toro Proline 21" Self-Propelled Commercial.

I use it as a front line mower so I don't mind spending the $2000 to have two of 'em. Also, I use 'em exclusively for mulching but they're great bagging mowers, too (I used to bag a lot).

10 out o' 10. I've yet to be disappointed by any aspect of these, and I've run a lot of 21s over the years. I've had one of these for almost three years and the other for about two. Great lil' machines, my man...
  9. Lawn Dog2001

Lawn Dog2001 LawnSite Bronze Member

Husky 560 commercial 21" mower 6hp robin engine
    Rating 6 out of 10. Very poor cut quality in my opinion. Has been a solid machine.

Yard Man 6.5 briggs intek, rear wheel self propelled, front swivel wheels. Rating 5 out of 10. Excellent cut quality. I have had many problems with the self propelled system, some engine trouble, and constant replacement of cables. I barely ever use this mower! Not a commercial machine. Bad buy on my part.

Craftsman 6.75 High wheel front wheel drive mower.
    Rating 8 out of 10. Pretty good cut quality. Mulches fantastic. Besides routine maintainence I have never had to repair this machine. I use this one more than any other 21" I own.
  10. LexingtonKYcutter

LexingtonKYcutter LawnSite Member

I have a John Deere JX85. Has a preasure lube Kawasaki engine with oil filter. Thing just runs and runs!