What Quick Model to get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tamo, Apr 12, 2008.

1. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

Just trying to decide which Quick model to get -- also wavering between a 32 and 36. Gates aren't a huge issue now except for one house, but I'm always picking up new customers and gates could come into play down the road.

I'm running 21's right now so anything will be a huge upgrade, but do you guys think a 36 is a considerably smarter buy than a 32?

What models do you guys have? Those of you with the Briggs engines, how do you like them? A Super Fox 32" for 1995.00 sounds like a great deal.

Also, I'll call the guys at BOP on Monday, but how long does shipping usually take? I wouldn't be paying for the home delivery, and I'm all the way across the country in Portland, OR

Thanks

2. BUCKEYE MOWING

BUCKEYE MOWING LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the biggest deck you can use....soulds like a 36 or 44.. If your using this as a commercial mower ..go with the KAW 16 horse KAI engine IMHO

Probably take a week or so to get to you...But call BOP to confirm. Good luck.

3. ckoffman

ckoffman LawnSite Member

Just bought a Quick 36 Samuri With a step saver and lawn stripper, it has a 16hp kaw.
    only got to use it one time but so far it works real well. also did not use stripper or step saver. delivery took only about three days, and i did not have home delivery, picked it up at roadway depot. that is in St.louis. there may be one close to you as well.
    C. Koffman
    Koffman Lawn Care llc.

4. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I would have to agree. If you can use a 44 then go for it. If you deal with gates (as we do every prop) then theh 36 is the way to go if solo. If you have help you can easily get a 36 through most undersized gates with 2 people.

As for engine size, definitely get the most HP you can afford. We are partial to the Kawai's as well due to the power and torque. Order the best you can afford.

Best wishes!

5. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

at least the 36. you can always pick up a used 32 cheap.

I just picked up a 2005 gravely 32 wb, floating, 13Kaw w/ bagger.. for 600. Stoked about that little addition.

6. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

:usflag: I would get the biggest deck you can, all my walks are 52 Hydros, Id hate to think about mowing all day with a 21" mower, You can get alot of work done with the bigger deck, You can always get a used 32 belt for gates, you will also be suprised if your work is very good how many of your clients will put in a larger gate, Ive had many do it. Marks Mowing Service

7. LarryF

LarryF LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have any hills to mow, you might be better off with a Kawasaki rather than a Briggs. If you do a search on this forum you'll see that some have encountered smoking problems with a B&S engine on a Quick 36. That was my guideline to getting the Samurai. I have very steep hills and so far there have been no smoking problems.

8. lbr

lbr LawnSite Member
    from sc

I have a step saver that I will sell cheap!

9. tamo

tamo LawnSite Member

Were do you guys suggest looking for a used mower. I've called around to all of the local dealers and they all say they rarely ever get any used in stock. Craigslist is all 21 and tractors

10. CFB

CFB LawnSite Senior Member

ebay is great for used mowers.