What rain?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Doogiegh, May 28, 2003.

1. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Man, here in NJ we've gotten day after day of rain, whether it be a misting overcast annoying drizzle OR a deluge downpour like we did on Sunday morning.. About 1.5 to 2 inches of rain in a couple of hours.

The ground is so wet, I never ever saw this happen before... Water is pouring through the end of retaining wall on my property cascading out like a waterfall.. I never saw this before on THIS property.

watera.jpg

2. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

When will we see the sun again? From Weather.com
    Today: Occasional light rain. High 63F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Tonight: Light rain...ending early. Partial clearing overnight. Low 51F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

Tomorrow: Intervals of clouds and sunshine. High near 70F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

Tomorrow night: Mostly cloudy during the evening. A few showers developing late. Low 52F. Winds SSE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Friday: Chance of showers. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Saturday: Chance of showers. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Sunday: Chance of showers. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the low 50s.

Monday: Times of sun and clouds. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the low 50s.

Tuesday: Partly cloudy. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Wednesday: Partly cloudy with a stray thunderstorm. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

Thursday: Mostly cloudy. Highs in the upper 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

Friday: Periods of light rain. Highs in the mid 60s and lows in the mid 50s.

Oh well, anything is better than a drought.
    Gary

3. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, were in the same mess on the Island. Did about 28 lawns on Sunday. Thats the extent of what got cut last week. It would have been a waste of time and money to send anyone out in the down pours we had last week. We did a couple of plantings, and mulch jobs though. Had to make some money. I am thinking of installing umbrellas on my machines, and mounting turbine blowers on all the decks. :p

4. daveainthere

daveainthere LawnSite Member

Less then 1 (one) inch in 7 (seven) weeks in South Louisiana.

5. little green guy

little green guy LawnSite Senior Member

I hear you guys. It's crazy all the rain, even the misty light rain makes for a mess mowing and adds so much extra time.

Today It was on and off, It got sunny for a while then a thunderstorm rolled in. We where working on a retaining wall job today and I told the guys "no way we're quitting now" cause it was only about 3 o'clock so I grabbed the huge tarp that I've been using to cover part of the job with, hooked it to the backhoe bucket, raised the bucket up and made us a nice big tent. We worked under the tarp untill the storm passed.

6. Green in Idaho

Green in Idaho LawnSite Senior Member
    from Idaho

Sorry about your luck fellas,,,,,

Sincerely,
    from God's back yard.. :)

7. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

Please send some of your rain this way. We have not had rain in 2 months and are already 8" low for the year.