1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What really needs to be done!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by GROPROS_04, May 1, 2004.

1. GROPROS_04

GROPROS_04 LawnSite Member
    from Omaha

I am thinking of starting my own lawn care business next year! While lokking through the net I found this place. I greatly appreciate everything that everyone post because it does help people gather a general idea of the things that they need to do. What I have noticed is that people expect to find everything that they need to own and operate a business here! Or that they are looking for answers that thy are never going to find. I myself have never owned a business but my father has for 30 years, and from what I see it is a marriage and a brutal one at that! So for anyone thinking about starting there own business, do your homework for your area. It is good to use this place as a reference guide to get to where you want to go but not as a business plan. What works for some people might not work for others. Just do your homework, work hard. and teach yourself discipline and you will have a better chance. That what I learned from the lawn pros here and from my father!
  2. allstar

allstar LawnSite Senior Member

Being in business(any business) for yourself is not for everyone,that's for sure,but for me it's the ONLY way to go.