What\'s a good day?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by ProScapeOM, Feb 28, 2001.

1. John gs1000 are 2 valve engines. I have the 4 valve. 1983 was the last year for the gs1100 and the crank was welded from the factory and the big end or the crank is bigger.
    The eariler models had a small end on the crank and the stator would walk right off. A riding buddy had a 1981 and
    he had to weld the stator to the crank.

I have never had the head off. It has 28k miles at a quarter mile at a time. Right now it has aftermarket 33mm smooth bore
    carbs with the fuel running thru a dual outlet race petcock.
    The pipe is an old rusted kerker race pipe (circa 1984) with
    a Alum canister. I have the street and competiton (too loud) baffle.

Back when I was a young man (1984) I was National #2 for the season in PRO ET (I was bracket racing full drag bikes
    with slicks bars and air shifters vs. my street bike).

I won three nationls in a row in the Dragbike AMA series.
    I had the longest winning streak in the history of the
    series with 16 rounds won. Eight rounds were won at a race in conjunction with cycle jam weekend at Pocono Internation Raceway (the 2 1/2 mile tri oval). We raced down the front
    straight a real big crowd. The dragbikes were at a real disatvantage. There was no rubber down like a regular drag strip. The made them burn out on a piece of steel and launched on reg. blacktop. The lights were these real old
    jobs that they used to have at a local track and I was right on. In the finals
    I raced a guy from York on a bar bike. I ran a 11.909 on a
    11.90. He ran a 10.909 on a 10.90. There were no reaction
    timers or even mph numbers. Real hayseed seat of the pants
    drag racing.

The next race was in syracuse, ny and I won that (4 rounds).
    Then I went to columbus oh and won that race. In the finals
    out of all those bar bikes it was two street bikes. Me on the GS and another kid on a kz1000. He was 2-3 tenths slower than me and he left first. I had a bad light and was
    trying to run him down and was getting nowhere fast at when at about a 1000ft he missed a shift and I slid right on by.

Then the next and last race that year was in Maple Grove in
    reading pa. I red lighted first round to a fj1100 the was 2 tenths faster than me.

So that was my 15 mins. of fame.

2. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

Very cool 15 min.
    Glad to see you worked your bike into a business expense.

I stick my GT pedal pusher in the back of my van, drive to the neighborhood, and bike through it, newspaper box to newspaper box
    BTW
    You got my arse 0-60.

Any day you wake up and you know where you are at, all your stuff is still w/ you and your stuff (inc. family, of course) is ok = Good Day

Any day not workin fo da man = Good Day

Any day can be a Good Day...Just do it!