1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What\'s a good Program

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by pcs, Mar 9, 2001.

1. pcs

pcs LawnSite Member

I was just wondering how you get grass so green and with no weeds? What's a good program that I can offer to my customers.
  2. Evan528

Evan528 LawnSite Silver Member

hhhmmm.... where do I start... I use granular fertilizers and liquid herbicides. Seem you need to read up on this before you apply any chemicals to customers lawns. There are strict laws pertaining to pesticide application.
  3. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Regular fertilization and water. I don.t do chemicals so I stick to the theory that if you get the grass to grow to it.s potential you will crowd out a large percentage of the weeds. Do a search on the type of grass you have there and see what the Universities recommend for fertilization.
  4. kutnkru

kutnkru LawnSite Silver Member

I would check with these two organizations for the info you are looking for:

United Horticultural Supply
    Canada Division
    Dorchester,ON NOL 1G5

Hope this gets you started in the right direction.
  5. Pick up the Ortho All About Lawns book at Home Depot. Gots lots of picks and all lawn probs/solutions. The lawn-boys bible.

Surfs Up!

6. joshua

joshua LawnSite Bronze Member

hey psc, check out the new lawn and landscape it has around 50 pages about fertilizers if not more. everything the break downs and what company makes it.
  7. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

Not a great believer in specified programs as each
    lawn is different w different needs.Thats where the
    booklarnin ends an the knowledge from experience begins.
    That may sound a little snug,but there are some who can tell more in 5min than other LCOs can after 6 months.
    I know this to be the case cause I meet one every now and then.