What"s Everyone thoughts on this

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawn-Sharks, Feb 19, 2008.

?

Have any of you had problems with other companys while putting out Door Hangers?

1. Yes!

15.4%
  2. No!

38.5%
  3. Dont think So!

15.4%
  4. Let them have a problem! "im here to make money"

30.8%
  1. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

Many of us make plans to put out door hangers,Flyers, Ect a few different times throu out the year. and most of us will be in a subdivision or neighborhood doing this. so My question to everyone is have any of you ever Had any Lawn company say anything to you? Or have any of you ever worried about someone starting anything with you for trying to take their business????

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I mean the worst they can do is something crazy like shoot and kill you but... what they will probably do is swear and act tough from the truck, then go remove all your door hangers. Business is business. Now if you're going up to everyone of the houses asking how much their guy is charging and then saying you will do it $10 less. then you would probably be asking for trouble.

This past year my buddy was giving this lady a price for her lawn and her neighbors, then all of a sudden billy-bob comes running out of his house screaming "these are my lawns keep driving buddy keep driving." so then he went running to the neighbors house that pj was talking to. It ended up being the guys mother asking for a price to cut the lawn because her lazy son never does it. That was intresting, probably the only time I have truly feared for my life, he looked like a crack-head and he went back into his house so all I could imagine was being shot at.

3. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

and he apparently was attempting the lawn care industry as a profession. dont think its working so well for him.

4. Lawn-Sharks

Lawn-Sharks LawnSite Senior Member

I had a guy come up to me on his mower being rude as hell saying he used to mow this property till i "Low Balled him" out of this account. I said hey slick first of all you dont know what im charging & she's the one that called me to give her a price i didnt contact her or even put any door hangers out and for some reason she dont want you mowing her lawn anymore! but i think its because you a Rude person and all these sprinkler heads you broke! and didnt fix.Well that pissed him off and he got up from his mower and i said listen here mother F#$@% you want to be able to go home tonite after work and eat dinner or do you want your wife to bring it to you in the hospital? Because old man i aint playing!! He looked at me & sat down on his mower..... Called me a F@#$# Low Baller and went back to his truck.

5. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

Nope, I have had other companies steal my flyers, but knowone has ever said anything to me.