what sets you apart from others

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Royallawncare, Feb 21, 2005.

1. Royallawncare

Royallawncare LawnSite Member

i've been in this business for a couple years now and consider myself pretty well rounded. But am wondering what your guys thoughts are what does it take to make a lawn look good what do you do that sets you apart from others. are there services you do that others dont? ways to stripe? edging tips? what does it take to create a good looking lawn in your opinion?

2. JKOOPERS

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

never touch the drive or walks with a trimmer. i only edge every other week . the right balanced chemical program . the thing most people dont understand is that you cant turn around a lawn in 1 year.

3. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

What the heck do you mean by that statement. It boils down to trimming, edging and the rest of the stuff that keeps the lawn looking good that makes your reputation. I from experience KNOW that if you put down 34-0-0 straight nitrogen in the spring, and 12-12-12 garden fertilizer in the fall you can turn any yard around in one to two months. We recommend to our people that they just use the fertilizer program for a year, then the next year worry about the broadleaf weeds, because with a good fertilizer program the blue grass will crowd out the weeds.

4. JKOOPERS

excatlly point proven

5. Flex-Deck

JKOOPERS - How did you answer so quick - is my computer slow -I have DSL - LOL :sleeping: :blob3:

6. JKOOPERS

lol i haVE DSL

7. Flex-Deck

Nice thing about my mowing operation, it is just as quik as DSL. I will bet I can mow 38 acres on a county contract with 120 miles of driving in 11 hours with one mower-just me. 595 JD Garden tractor. - Won't know for sure until this spring, because I just landed the contract.

8. JKOOPERS

just make sure you dont run out of gas that would be a long walk back .

9. mattydjakd

mattydjakd LawnSite Member

When blowing off drive I bring empty garbage cans to the garage doors. If there is a newspaper, I bring that to the garage door too. I am going that way anyways with the blower, might as well do the little things if it doesn't really cost me any time.

10. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

We show up when we say we'll be there, we are reliable,uniformed, dependable, and under-promise and over-deliver to our clients. That's what works for me.....