1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What sets you apart from the other LCO's?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LAWNGODFATHER, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Pretty simple but vegue question. What differentiates your LCO from the others.

What makes "you" stand out and say "We are the best"?

What makes customers choose you?
  2. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

What I am trying to sell is that I am small and the customer will see me on the job every week.

They will also talk to me if they need anything or have questions or problems.

That seems to be appealing to people so far.
  3. toby

toby LawnSite Member
    from ontario

I have the best prices. We will match or beat almost any quote.
  4. AL Inc

AL Inc LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't claim to be "the best". There are LCO's that do better work than us, I know this. But people get good, RELIABLE service every week. Their calls are returned within a few hours, and problems taken care of quickly. They see the same men on their property every week, with company shirts and hats on. My men smile and say hello. I feel this differentiates my company from many others in this area. Mike
  5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

My phone is ringing off the wall. :D
  6. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

one thing sets me apart from SOME local lcos is that i am concerned about quality, for example this week i double mowed almost every lawn and charged the normal price, but others mowed one time and left, i feel i should do what i have to do to make the job look perfect. another thing is many customers find it a pleasure to work with me, i receive many compliments that they enjoy haveing conversations with me and it makes the time much mre pleasureable, they also say that i give much more insight on ways to make there lawns and landscapes look better.
  7. Russo

Russo LawnSite Senior Member

1. I am a professional that offers the best value, not the best price.

2. I bring dog buiscuits for all the dogs on my routes and carry newspapers from the drive to the front door.

3. I have a profile for each customer from conversations. I know their kids names, birthdays, and what kind of whiskey they drink.

LGF, how about you? You can't just ask us without giving up some of your secrets.

These things don't necessarily make people choose me, but it does keep them around.

8. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

im just plain better looking. what can i say.:D :D
  9. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

What sets me apart from the rest? I have worked long and hard to bring up the standard of mowing quality as a whole in the area I live in. I am willing to share with my peers almost everything I have learned here, by personal experience and from those all too valuable management classes that SMO Oil Co. was kind enough to pay for all those years ago. And the effort shows.

I am prompt, courteous and likeable.

I do a very good job and sometimes spend too much time on a lawn just to get it right.

I use top quality equipment and maintain it well so that I never have to call a customer and say "I can't cut your grass this week, my mower's broken.

There are lots of other little things but I think it is a good work ethic that sets me apart.
  10. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

Reliably Consistent