What shoes/boot with your shorts??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 2k1yzfr1, Jan 15, 2004.

1. 2k1yzfr1

2k1yzfr1 LawnSite Senior Member

In the past couple years I have been wearing just khaki or some mesh nylon shorts with new balance running shoes. The only problem is that the shoes only last a few months. I went out looking today for a good pair of boots and found some red wings that I liked, but are like 6" tall. I also found some Justin lower cut boots that were comfortable and might look better than a tall boot. My question is do you wear boots with shorts??

2. rkbrown

rkbrown LawnSite Senior Member

I like the 6" boots to wear with shorts. I usually wear 8" boots when I wear work pants.

3. Rich's Lawn Care

Rich's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I wear 8" boot with shorts or pants.

4. NEPSJay

NEPSJay LawnSite Senior Member

I also wear 8" with shorts.

5. twins_lawn_care

twins_lawn_care LawnSite Senior Member

I wear boots with shorts or long pants, regardless.
    The boots are mainly for my protection when I am working, and therefore am not worried about the "look" as much.
    Wearing the boots look more professional anyhow, if you want to keep the look professional. If wearing boots save your feet just one time from an accident, you know why you wear them!

I think a lot of people will agree, and also recommend you go with the boots.

Good luck out there.

6. AuburnGuy

AuburnGuy LawnSite Senior Member

I personally like hiking shoes. Never really liked hiking or work boots. Hiking shoes have harder soles and much better support that running shoes.

7. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

I wouldn't worry about how they are gonna look. I would be more concerned about safety/protection.

I wear a 6" steel toed work boot. Normally with pants. I only wear shorts when I work if it's really hot.

I definetely wouldn't be wearing tennis shoes:nono:

8. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

I wear boots for safety reasons and the biggest reason is so my socks don't get stained with grass. :p

9. sodzilla

sodzilla LawnSite Member

I've always worn boots with shorts. My wife says I looks stupid but what does she know. I always go with 8" boots. Just like the higher boot. Redwings are a good boot. Very comfortable. The last pair I bought were catipiller boots with a steel toe. Real big and bad as* looking but also heavy and hard on the feet after a long day.

10. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

I wear 8" heavy work boots and long pants 12 months a year. Unsafe to wear shorts or light shoes IMO.