What Shoes/boots To Wear.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES, Jul 18, 2006.

1. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

Just A Question. I Have Been Wearing My Wolverine Boots To Cut Grass And Landscape In And Have Been Considering Some Of Those Low Cut Hiking Boots. The Ones That Almost Look Like Running Shoes? What Are You Guys Wearing And What Pros And Cons Have You Run In To?

2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

i like 10" boots, right now i'm wearing irish setters by red wing, but i also love rockys. i have weird feet and those two are some of the only shoes besides new balance that i have found that don't kill my feet by the end of the day. wolverines are ok too, just not quite as comfortable to me.

3. TNT Lawncare

TNT Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I have some leather Sketchers boots from Kohl's. I think they were like 50-60 dollars and they are comfortable.

4. SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES

SOUTHERNGREENSCAPES LawnSite Senior Member

I HAVE THOSE SAME FEET. MY ACTUAL SIZE (WHEN YOU CAN FIND IT) IS A 10 4E. THAT IS WHY I WENT WITH THE WOLVERINES BEFORE. NOT MANY COMPANIES OFFER WIDE SIZES.

5. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

Go to lawngrips.com They are best boots and they were made for our industry. Feel like i am wearing tennis shoes.

6. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

I go bare foot in the summer.

then you dont have to worry about getting wet boots when it rains.

7. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

I have worn boots for over ten years, now. I've tried many different ones. By far the most comfortable, lightweight and durable boots I have purchased are the Wolverine Durashocks - Model 03122 ONLY. :usflag:

8. Potomac Lawns Inc.

Potomac Lawns Inc. LawnSite Senior Member

I use Redwings and love them

9. WildLake

WildLake LawnSite Senior Member

Danner all the way!!

10. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Those Danner's and Redwing's are definately the BEST quality (IMO) - no doubt. But both are heavy in comparison to the Durashocks and almost require a second mortgage to purchase. :usflag: