What should a flyer look like?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Vibe Ray, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

I have a question....All of you guys are talking about all of these "Unprofessional Looking Flyers".....But what should a professional looking flyer look like.

Seriously, I ask for my own knowledge so my flyers do not look unprofessional. I have not yet created one except for some rough drafts, but would really like to get some flyers out there to drum up more business, but I'm confused as to what they should look like!

2. mowerman90

mowerman90 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you have MS Publisher I'll e-mail you my flyer/brochure. I don't like to brag but I think it's awsome. If you don't have Publisher I can still mail it to you in PDF format for viewing with Adobe Acrobat but you won't be able to edit it. My e-mail is mowerman@tampabay.rr.com

3. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, I don't have any examples of bad flyers. But I've seen plenty of them, especially from scrub LCOs and Landscapers.

Here is the one our company uses;
    http://www.cybcon.com/~jimlewis/Flyer.jpg

I think it's pretty professional. I am sure I could do a lot better. But this is professional enough for me. I am not going to spend an inordinate amount of time on it. It just needs to look decent and professional.

IMO, this next flyer is an example of a perfect, full color, flyer. This is one of the best I've ever seen. Course you need a graphic designer and some big $ to spend on color copies but it's a great flyer....
    http://www.cybcon.com/~jimlewis/GoodFlyer.jpg

4. Vibe Ray

5. ProMo

ProMo LawnSite Bronze Member

think ill use this 1

lol.jpg

6. Personally, I think that while design is the key to a good flyer, the printing is just as important. We used to go to Kinkos to get it done on colored paper, whatever was on sale!

In the last couple of years though, I have been printing my own flyers, full color when necessary. Also postcards etc. Now this is no ordinary printer.........laser color. Cheaper than you migh think......check it out on my site.

Sprinkler Solutions and more!!!!!

[​IMG]

7. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Ok, sprinkler guy. It sounds interesting to print full color flyers. But I pay $35 for 2000 flyers. And they get pretty good results when we put them out. How much does it cost you for 2000 flyers?

8. Vibe Ray

Thanx jim....that first one is a nice example, too!

9. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

http://fantasylawns.com/special.htm

Here's one we use ..... normally on the bottom area we insert some further coupon deal like $ off mulch or $ off spring clean etc

$20 1st cut .....don't freak these are door hung on 10-7k lawns ...n I like intro cuts at $20 as it gives me a true time n pita frame of the yard n customer before I committ to a monthly fee ;->

10. jimlewis.....we do pay a little more for printing full color, about $40 bucks, but they are much nicer than the typical flyer. I can't really say if they work better or not though. Tough to compare.

It is a lot nicer though to have control over how many to print and when to print them. Also, this printer will print many other things. I got real tired of driving to the printer, or using a courier to send proofs back and forth. This is more convenient, for ME.