What should a flyer look like?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Vibe Ray, Jun 29, 2002.

1. Mykster

Mykster LawnSite Senior Member

Colored printed fliers do look good. For the price they wanted we just went Black and White. Alot cheaper.

Jimlewis has a good flier. Used his layout to come up with one of my own and it turned out great and, got good responses from them. We closed three yearly maintence jobs and, 2 small installs out of 500 fliers. Thanks Jimlewis.

2. Nelson

Nelson LawnSite Senior Member

Think I will Use this...........:D

3. Nelson

[​IMG]

4. Nelson

K,

I Give up !!!!!!!!!

HELP .........................:confused:

5. lawnman_scott

lawnman_scott LawnSite Fanatic

Jim lewis has a nice flyer. It has his name at the top, nothing fancy, just big bold letters, this is important because if you roll it print side out this will be seen before it is evan opened. He has prices, or at least average prices on it. and he tells of other services offered.

6. B. Phagan

B. Phagan LawnSite Member

Simply put, COLOR SELLS! Yes, it costs more.

May want to consider some of the following in your "flyer".....

* Customer testimonials
    * Pictures of your work
    * Focus verbiage on market and increasing values
    * Business e-mail address, contact name, phone #
    * Website address
    * Various services you offer

Never make the flyer too wordy or long....people tend not to read them. Remember, this is a MARKETING TOOL aka "flyer" and advertising and marketing can be expensive if you expect profitable results.......which is what we wanted to start with, right?

7. RWADesigner2

RWADesigner2 LawnSite Member

8. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

That flyer looks really nice RWA. I can tell a lot of time went into it. All of it looks very good and professional. It's fine as is, but these are a few things I'd change if it were me;

* Roland + Wesson + Associates . I don't know that this needs to be in here.

* "Combined Experience" always sounds cheesy to me. I mean, with my 7 guys, my wife and myself, I suppose I could say we have like 90 years of 'combined experience' but it just sounds like I am trying to inflate the truth. I don't see anything wrong with saying "In business since 1996" or "7 Years experience in this area"

* 15% off sounds a little high. And as a consumer it makes me wonder how inflated your initial prices are if you can afford to give another 15% discount. I'd rather see a $$$ discount rather than a flat percentage. To me, 15% off just tells me, "We are gonna mark our prices up at least 15% more than usual then give you a break on that price."

* Rather than black boxes under 'give us a call' I'd put my actual phone number. ;)

9. RWADesigner2

RWADesigner2 LawnSite Member

LOL...ya..the black boxes aren't too good..are they.LOL

Thanks for the Input...I need more of it.....All of your points that you make ..help me to see what a prespective consumer would see..cause i never thought about most of that....THERE IS ALWAYS ROME FOR IMPROVEMENT!!!!

Thanks again for the input..and help.

RWA

10. Vibe Ray

Vibe Ray LawnSite Senior Member

RWA, HOW MUCH DOES IT COST YOU PER FLYER TO PRINT THAT FLYER IN COLOR? Oops dang caps lock!