1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What should a typed commercial bid look like?????!!!

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by cblgod1, Aug 19, 2006.

1. cblgod1

cblgod1 LawnSite Member
    from SC

I have the pricing and/or total of the bid but what should an actual typed bid look like! I also have the bid packet from the business.??????????????? HELP just got it and its due this Monday by 2pm!!!
  2. Liquidfast

Liquidfast LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ontario

Anything else Master??? Also, can I get the phone number of your last slave? Hurry, my last slave is due to leave me by thursday at 4pm. Reply with pics of said slave.
  3. landtastic

landtastic LawnSite Member

Is this bid for a general contractor? If it is, the bid package will have a form that you will fill out for each bid scope item. It will also have a section for alternates with brief descriptions. There should be a section that will allow you to enter comments and qualifications. If you dont feel comfortable with a sections scope dont bid it. Also, make sure you have copies of all other bidders questions and comments. These lead to the general making addendums, it is your responsibility to know and understand all changes to the bid; so be careful.

If the bid is from a business where the owner of that business is on site all the time then he/she will work off of your contract. Do not submit your bid with your contract, that can wait until you get awarded the job. Simply detail out the work scope with comments and qualifications on your own letter head and submit. Make sure that you specify at the end of your bid that the contract will need to be signed, and that all terms of bid will be bound by your contract.

Sounds like this is your first commercial bid. If it is don't be afraid to make mistakes with the process. Usually contractors, owners and the like will walk you through the process if they feel you are knowledgable in your specific industry.

-Good luck-

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Either you fill in the blanks on their form...or just type something up that looks decent and put it on your letterhead. If you do it yourself, make sure there are no typos...