What should I buy?!?!?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by KuttinKyle, Sep 6, 2009.

1. KuttinKyle

KuttinKyle LawnSite Member

alright, so im going to be 16 in a week. i have a chevy s10, 5x8 trailer, gravely 34 inch zero turn, push mower, echo trimmer and blower. i have some extra cash that i would like to spend on a new mower. i do residentials. currently i have bout 15 accounts. looking to expand once i get my license. my zt already fits through gates, should i buy a bigger walkbehind like a 48 or 52? or should i go big and get the wright stander? my budget is under 2k. but if i get another mower i will have to get a larger trailer. any tips? let me know. thanks
  2. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

If you setup is working for you now, then just keep it the same for now. If you start getting too big of equipment, you will also need to buy a bigger truck. Use what you have until you need something more. Once you get some more accounts, 20-25, then you can justify a bigger purchase of a larger mower and trailer. For now use what you have, and earn a little more money until you have to get some bigger equipment.
  3. WGLandscapeMaintenance

WGLandscapeMaintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe get registered and insurance and advertising? Then when you get big, buy a new mower.
  4. LouisianaLawnboy

LouisianaLawnboy LawnSite Silver Member

I agree. After that I would buy about a 50 inch deck ZTR. I don't like w/bs/