What should I change about my flyer?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by outrunjason, Feb 11, 2007.

1. outrunjason

outrunjason LawnSite Senior Member
    from dallas

Here is the new flyer that I did last year. I would like everyones input on what I should change on it if any. First though the price is not 20. It is really 25 but that was fixed. Also I was thinking of dropping the heavy shadow on the Jason's Lawn Service.

Thanks for the input.

Flyer 001.jpg

2. Dallas Turf

Dallas Turf LawnSite Member

#1. The price. I work near you and know you should not have any trouble with a $25 min. Don't show up for any less, that is what I was getting paid 15 years ago! If you do good work and are reliable you can get more than that.

#2 Get rid of the bi-weekly, they are never worth the hassle

#3 Thanks to TJ people are warming up to giving you their CC and charge it weekly or monthly, Don't wait till the end of the month to maby get paid, you allready did the work, you should not have to work to get your money.

Get them printed and get as many out as you can answer calls for.

3. outrunjason

from dallas

Yeah that was actually a flyer that was used in a zero lot line area. Just a few homes. It's the only flyer I had laying around. Our price is $25. I wonder about the bi-weekly to but all the calls that I get are bi-weekly. I had weekly on there before but they would still call and say do you do bi-weekly.

I think about 80% of my business is bi-weekly. They are all great customers except for maybe 3 of them. Some really don't need the weekly service. Also what do you do when you advertise in March and they don't need weekly service yet?

Credict cards. Yeah I have thought about doing it but just don't think that I have quite the customer base yet. Most people are using online bill pay and that is working great. The only people who are wanting to use credit cards are the ones that owe a late payment. TJ feel free to chime in here if you are around. So, does TJ charge after every mowing? I thought it was pretty standard to just bill for the month. I have always billed monthly except for new customers and there first month of service.

Jason

4. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

Most people are pushing close to 30 now if they have been in business any length of time.

I know people that use the hook of $20.00 but that is for small lots with a pool in the back yard. :rolleyes:

5. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

My Buddy charges an extra 5 for bi service. They can even out.

6. outrunjason

from dallas

Yeah, a buddy of mine has been in business about 5 years or so and he charges $30. He said he does well. But the last time I talked to him I think he was moving more towards 25. I don't want to say this on here but it is the truth in my opinon. I am all for anyone who wants to work but I have these mexicans running around out bidding me day after day.

I got to say if they were charging $20 bucks or $25 or whatever they did it. They were there almost every time we arrived out at our lawn. Like clock work as that is how I run my business. The lawn looked really nice to.

Here are the reasons I have not gone to $30. These may be dumb but true. We don't spend more than 20min maybe 30 depending on the lawn. We mow and go pretty much. Mostly just cause it's hot :). I wonder if people would be home and be like you have to be kidding me they mowed and just left. Also if I go to $30 I am guessing we should start bagging at that time cause they are paying for a $30 service and it should look nice.

What are your thoughts on that. Are yall at $30 right now?

Jason

7. fltdek

fltdek LawnSite Member

I'm shocked, I couldn't imagine driving to a customers house for $20.00 with the way fuel costs are rising. I can somewhat understand your problem with the competition and the rates they charge, but here in Virginia, my minimum is $45.00. Anything less is not worth my time. Are we factoring in our administrative costs, billing time, maintenance, the cost of giving free estimates? At $20.00, whats left for you?

8. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

The cost in Virginia especially by Washington is thru the roof (What my brother inlaw paid for a sm 1400 sqft house $300,000 you could get here for $85,000) so the regional thing holds tru. My basic rate up to 1/4 acre is $28 if I want to travel another 30 miles I could get $35-40. I turn a nice profit at $28. Although I am partime and yes legit.

9. fltdek

fltdek LawnSite Member

I am guessing Anderson is probably growing, I have a cousin in Greenville. Alot of people moving away from the city (Spartanburg) to find something a little more affordable?

10. ED'S LAWNCARE

ED'S LAWNCARE LawnSite Senior Member

Yea it is all kind of building going on. From talking to other area lco's Greenville and Spartanbug housing market is skyrocketing also 2x faster than Anderson.