What should I do?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by markmana, Aug 30, 2005.

1. markmana

markmana LawnSite Member

Im trying to start my lawn mowing business and i was just wondering if I should go all out and buy brand new mowers or buy used ones until I grow. What all does everyone have? how big of trailer? etc... thanks for your input. Also how did evryone advertise? What should I do and what should I not do? :dizzy:

2. greenwithenvylandscape

greenwithenvylandscape LawnSite Member

I bought all new equip when I started and advertised in the yellow pages, yard signs, etc. I had also sold another biz and had the money to do so. It depends on the money you have and your credit rating.

3. Poppy

Poppy LawnSite Member

The first thing you should do is stay on this site and read, read, read!!! There is so much useful information here it is incredible. The majority of the people in this business who use this board are just wonderful at sharing thoughts, advice, experience, (and yes) opinions. You have discover one of the most helpful things you can have to start and be successful in this business, Information! Spend all the time you can reading everything you can take in here and you will learn tons from the 1000's of years of experience that is right here at you fingertips. Good Luck!