what should I do

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by TheYardBoys, Jun 19, 2006.

1. TheYardBoys

TheYardBoys LawnSite Member

Last week while i was mowing a yard. It began to rain i went of head and finished mowing. Was it right to finish mowing or should i have waited for it to dry a little bit.:dizzy:

2. 29 Palms Property Management

29 Palms Property Management LawnSite Senior Member

When I'm in the middle of a property, I keep going. I don't have time to wait for it to stop and dry. Now if it's pouring all night and into the next work day, I'll delay services. But I won't stop on the middle of a day. It's been a long time since that's happened here though. Someone sent us some rain please!

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

This is a good question I've had to ask myself a few times over the years. The best answer I found boils down to this:

First, it has to look as good quality-wise, thou close is good enough it can NOT look like crap. With that in mind, the only question that remains is cost-wise, would it take longer to finish at this point then to leave and come back at a later time?

Sometimes it's better to finish, other times it's better to come back later, but if you're already there and are about in the middle of things, I think it is fair to say it is better to finish even if the cost factor is 50-50, if for no other reason than gitting'r done.

p.s.: I've finished leaves in heavy rain before lol, talk about a pita AND big relief at the same time.