What should I do???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 13yearoldcutter, Jul 17, 2001.

1. 13yearoldcutter

13yearoldcutter Guest

This is the situation..... My 13-14 yearold allstar team is headed for the state tornament. We blew past our district with a 5-0 record.{sorrry bout the braggin} We are leaving on Friday, thats when I cut 2 of my accounts. We wont be back until possibly next Friday, what should I do. I dont wont my customers mad but this is more important. Your opinions will be helpful.

Later,
    Wilson Allstars, Portsmouth Va

2. Administrator

Administrator Administrator

Enjoy being 13

3. Lanelle

Lanelle LawnSite Bronze Member

Chuck is right. Enjoy being on a team. Maybe you can line up a buddy to help with the yards while you are gone.

4. tralfaz

tralfaz LawnSite Member

Do them Thursday if it is possible. Just move them up a day. Good luck.

5. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Get a life while you still have a chance.

Save
    Invest
    Squander
    Whatever it takes to retire at 30....................that should be your ultimate goal.

I'm almost 30 and there's no hope for me.......................it's too late.

You have 17 years to prepare for retirement.............screw them 2 yards.........................PLAY BALLLLLLLLLLLLLL

6. SLS

SLS LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mars

Can you do those two lawns on Thursday?

If I were your client and you phoned me up and told me you were going to be out of town on Friday I'd say "Sure kid, come on over and cut it Thursday...and good luck at the tournament!" :D

These other guys are right...enjoy being a young whippersnapper while you can....it don't last forever and you only get one shot at it.

PEACE...and good luck on friday!

7. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

Enjoy being 13, Just a little more time till' bills come!:eek:

8. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

If you can't cut them Thurs, get someone else to do it 1 time while you are away. This is a chance to be in the State Tournament--Do It ! The grass growth may be slowed down enough now that they may not mind skiping this week. Have you explained the situation to the customers ? They should understand that you are 13 and such things as this, school, and family vacations will come up that you can not say no to. This is part of hiring a 13 year old to work. I am not saying anything about the quality of work you do or how reliable and professional you are. Shoot....when I had a baby last year I told my customers a month before that if I don't come as scheduled that is the reason and I would be there as soon as I could. My schedule was all over the place for 3 weeks, and all of them understood and nobody complained. Sometimes things in life come up that are more important than work and other people have to be flexible too. I think they understand that you are not a 3 man crew that can operate if a man is sick or on vacation--they most likely like the fact that you are not and that is why they hired you. But that means they may have to skip or rearange sometimes.

I asked an old neighbor of mine to paint my garage 3 weeks ago. I don't care if he does it today, or next week after he gets back from his vacation with his family because I understand he is 13 and this is his summer.

Congratulations ! and good luck in the tournament.

jeffyr

9. Vandora Lawn & Landscape

Vandora Lawn & Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

Don't forget your customers are people too. They were 13 once. They understand what's going on. Don't worry too much okie?

10. Island Lawn

Island Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

PLAY BALL!!!!!!!!

Tell your customers wassup.

It's your business and its your life!

GOOD LUCK!!!!!