what should i do ???

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by erdoes87, Nov 27, 2007.

1. erdoes87

erdoes87 LawnSite Member

Hi everyone a freind of mine has a Lazer Z Model# LZ27KC604 Serial#450329 60in with a 27hp motor on it. The motor was recently replaced and only has 50 hours on it, it comes with a blue bird bagging unit that has a 8hp motor on it and it is in great condition there is not rust on it and the motor starts on the second pull. The mower has a little rust on the deck but not much i has two sets of blades and all of the tires were replaced when the motor was replaced. The hour meter on the mower says 1250 on it. The belts were replaced also when the motor was replaced. This zero turn it a 2004. My freind is asking $7000 for it i cant decided if i want a zero turn 60in or a 60in stand behind what do you think i should do ??????????????????????? is $7000 a good price or not. and is a stand behind better??????????

2. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

That's not a bad price for this unit with the bagger. See if he'll come down for you, though.

3. erdoes87

erdoes87 LawnSite Member

there are some pics of it at his house i will be putting more on

Picture 011.jpg

Picture 006.jpg

Picture 007.jpg

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I gather these photos were taken a few weeks ago....

5. swim

swim LawnSite Senior Member

Does this really sound like a good price? What does the bagger cost new?

Really seams like allot of hours to me on the whole unit even though the engine is new and the other new parts. Is that why the price is so high?

What does the mower cost when new?

Do not mean to ask so many questions but just trying to understand the price.

6. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I checked, and that mower is blue booked at $4043. for excellent condition, and $3343. for good condition. Give a bit more for the new motor, (nearly a grand if brand new), and maybe a grand for the bagger unit. This will bring you in right around 6 grand. Keep in mind, it won't be long until you start seeing some spindle action, and such. That is a nice mower, though. Tell him 6, that you'll give it a good home, and start from there.

7. erdoes87

erdoes87 LawnSite Member

is a zero turn like this one worth buying or is a 60in stand behind better?

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Personally, I like the concept of sitting better. I stood for years,. and I have sat down for years. Both have a few advantages, but when all is said and done, sitting is much easier. You will get a few that will say that you can do slopes a BIT easier on a stander, but I don't really see that. Besides, just how often DO you run into a slope situation. I do some pretty good ditches with the Lazer with no trouble. Another thing to consider is the stander will take up less trailer space. well,...have an adequate trailer (or adequate organization), and you are fine. I've seen some outfits with two Lazers on a small as a 14 ft. trailer.

9. erdoes87

erdoes87 LawnSite Member

would a zero turn mow faster than a stand behind ?

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Probably so in most conditions...I have found it to be a more stable ride - especially on rougher ground. You only have x amount of mow that you can feasibly mow at anyway. I CAN tell you this...You are going to get the highest of quality in cutting with the Lazer.