What should I do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by 4 seasons lawn&land, Mar 31, 2008.

1. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

Ive been back and fourth on this a dozen times. Im just starting out and could use the extra money but I want an enclosed bad! What should I get? I have a brand new 08 Ferris and nowhere to store it but on the trailer. I found a nice boxed frame 3500lb open trailer, 6 1/2x12 ladder frame gate, wood deck, for $1230. For an enclosed I found a 7x14 single axle for $3500. These are both new. I would just get a used enclosed but there are no fair prices in my area, people want 100 less then they are new. So what should I do? I'll be saving myself some money by getting the open but Im going to want an enclosed so maybe I should just get that to begin with since I wont want to upgrade as soon as I would with the open.

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

if it's in the budget, get the enclosed.

3. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Absolutely, if you can afford it, go with the enclosed trailer ... equipment is much more secure !!

4. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

I think Im going to do it. I just wont be happy with the open even though it is a nice trailer that I found. And im just going to upgrade in a few years when its eisier to afford... I may as well just do it now.

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

dont get a single axle!!! save some more money to get an enclosed tandem axle!

6. bone1

bone1 LawnSite Member
    from ga

i'm new here, but what's wrong with the single axle? i'm getting an enclosed that's why i'm asking. thanks

7. 4 seasons lawn&land

from NY

all im hauling is a z turn and handheld equip. single is fine.

8. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

youll out grow a single axle real quick. most are only rated for about 2000# gross.