What should I do?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by iluvscag, Mar 17, 2013.

1. iluvscag

iluvscag LawnSite Senior Member

I currently have a 2011 GMC 2500HD SLT for my personal truck and that I use on the farm, it doesn't plow or pull a lawn rig. My problem is that I thought I could get by with the 6.0 gas, 13 mpg isnt cutting it anymore. I now have 21,000 miles on it and I'm ready for it to go bye bye. Do I trade it on a new 2013 GMC 2500HD with a Duramax or buy a 2012 used one?

2. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you in for the long haul Go with 2013. Try to get seven year warranty For a few bucks more:waving:

3. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

I don't understand the problem, buying brand new trucks as if money grows on trees but can't afford the gas?

4. hosejockey2002

hosejockey2002 LawnSite Bronze Member

If you don't tow or otherwise use the truck hard, you'll never save any money by trading it on a diesel. Now if you just want one, go for it! Just don't expect it to save you any money for a daily driver.

5. KS_Grasscutter

KS_Grasscutter LawnSite Gold Member

Keep your 2011. You will make up the extra money on tags and insurance.

6. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

If you just want one go for it. This is how I see it you either want a diesel or need a diesel .

7. KTM

KTM LawnSite Senior Member

If You're doing it to save money you're stepping over a dime to pick up a penny! Now if you're doing it because you want a diesel and you can afford it go for it!

8. Dually00-00

Dually00-00 LawnSite Member

What he said ^^^^^ .

9. blowerman

blowerman LawnSite Member

If you're not pulling or pushing, what's the need for a truck? Haul a few hay bales? What type of MPG do you think you'll get in a 2013 Dmax? Not much better! As was posted; step over a dime to pick up a penny is true.
    With diesel fuel running about $.50-1.00 more per gal. up here in WI, the MPG is irrelevant.
    What did I do: added a 2013 Ford Focus S model. (that would be bare bones) My Dmax just sits for now. The fuel savings alone pays the monthly calculated cost of the Focus.

10. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

It sounds to me like you want the diesel, and are just trying to justify buying one. :laugh: If you're truly worried about saving money just keep the 2011, if you want the diesel and have the money then go for it! Life is too short to not enjoy it! :drinkup:
    Posted via Mobile Device