What should I do ???

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mkwl, Aug 23, 2004.

1. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

Here is the sutuation. I have an account (my nextdoor neighbor)I just finished cutting the lawn when the lady comes out, pays me and then tells me that due to the fact her husband will be unemployed next year they will MAY be unable to have me cut their lawn next spring/summer due to financial hardship. She assured my that if they must have me not cut their lawn next year, she will hire me the year after that. Right now I charge her $25 to cut and trim and blow her 1 acre property. I would like to keep cutting her lawn because she is my nextdoor neighbor and it is a good account, but I don't want to rip myself off. Note, she mentioned that if possible she will have me cut their lawn next year.

2. tom sumter

tom sumter LawnSite Member

All you can do is remain on good terms and hope she signs you up again next year. I don't think there's much else you can do.

3. printer88

printer88 LawnSite Member

They will just have to mow it themselves.Being unemployed,they should have plenty of time! $25 seems cheap anyway.It is not your fault they are having hard times.

4. mkwl

mkwl LawnSite Bronze Member

I forgot to mention, I will be cutting their lawn for the rest of this year/season.

5. HOOLIE

HOOLIE LawnSite Gold Member

Did you say 1 acre?!?

6. Mikes Lawn Landscape

Mikes Lawn Landscape LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

:confused:

7. gogetter

gogetter Banned

Okay, so they can't afford you next year, where's the question????

And $25 per acre:rolleyes: No wonder legitimate guys have such a hard time getting what this work is worth!:mad:

8. dkeisala

dkeisala LawnSite Senior Member

$25 dollars for an acre?!! Whatever...

9. IMPACT

IMPACT LawnSite Member

What should you do?...hmm, use the fall to find someone else to fill their spot next year. Oh yeah, BTW, charge the next client more than $ 25.00 per acre:eek:

10. KurtisInIowa

KurtisInIowa LawnSite Member

How is NOT doing a $25/acre "ripping yourself off" ? I think you'd be doing yourself a favor!!