What should i do?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by splatz100, Sep 11, 2004.

1. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

should i buy a hydro walk behind with proside(new) or a new gravely 34z or a used exmark lazer (like 60" cut)

2. SodKing

SodKing LawnSite Bronze Member

How much money do you have?

3. splatz100

like 4200

i need mooooorrre chaaaarraaccctttersssss

4. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Splatz, I'd demo all of the equipment you listed and then some.. THEN I'd make a desicion.. Hindsight is always 20/20... You may want to try a Stand-up mower as well.. They are very manuverable..Either way, I prefer to ride myself.. :cool:

5. splatz100

but what is the cheapest stander i would love a stander except no wright or great dane dealer, and quiktraks are a good amount of money

6. Gilla Gorilla

Gilla Gorilla LawnSite Senior Member

Is this your first commercial mower? If so I would go with a W/B to start with.
    What is the biggest size deck that you can use on your current lawns?
    I have a 36 wb and a 60 Lazer, the lazer will not cut evenly on residentials that have some slopes and little hills to them. I will have to go over a certain direction each time with the lazer to get the lawn cut in that spot level.

7. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

I'd go for the 34Z before the WB. In fact, if the 34Z were a 32Z I'd probably have one sitting on my trailer in place of my 32"WB. But if you do go the WB route, get a hydro.

8. splatz100

well i have one very large property with a lot of obstacles(paintball bunkers) and with that there is one big open field to cut also. but other than that i will do resedential properties