What Should I Do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by paridise, Mar 21, 2005.

1. paridise

paridise LawnSite Member

I have a client that gave me a counter proposal. Normally i try to stick to a weekly contract with my clients but she asked if i would come bi-weekly. She said she will pay me the same amount as my original proposal but that she wanted me to come bi- weekly b/c she likes to be in the yard to. what should i do

2. Soupy

Soupy LawnSite Gold Member

That's up to you. I have a couple of bi weekly customers and I put them on the same day and rotate them so each week I have the same amount of work. It all depends if you think these lawns can go 2 weeks and still make a profit. Is she wanting to cut it every other week herself?

3. paridise

paridise LawnSite Member

I dont think so i dont know what she wants to do

4. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

how come she has to be in the yard when are there?

5. SOMM

SOMM LawnSite Senior Member

Charge double for that biweekly. and charge even more if they gotta be there just to watch.

When its been all-wet for weeks, and you got to bag and haul-away or make two and a half passes to get it to look right biweekly, thats way-way more man-hours and eqiupment hours to account for.

You can release ANYONE from a written or verbal contract agreement when they counter offer - because the've essentially rejected the original offer; just the same way you can withdraw ANY offer prior its acceptance for any reason.

Don't be shackled to a painz in the butz, when better time is spent with better customers.