What should I expect to pay for these ZTRs?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PsRumors, Aug 2, 2005.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

I have narrowed the field to the following ZTRs. This is for personal use on my 5.5 acre lawn. I like them all and can find + and -'s for each so it is going to come down to price. The price next to them is what I have been quoted and was wondering if I should be looking for a better price.

Thanks for any help

Toro Z 27hp air cooled w/ 72" deck - $9299
    Exmark Lazer 27hp air cooled w/ 72" deck - $8999 (isn't this the same as the 1st?)
    John Deere 777 Kaw 27hp lc w/ 72" deck - $9950
    Scag TT 31hp ac Briggs w/ 72" deck - $10,899

All of these prices are +tax. Should I expected better?

2. davhul

davhul LawnSite Member
    from Gray,Ga

you must have a very flat yard to want the 72". scalps easy, I like the 61" my self.

3. hunterc4

hunterc4 LawnSite Member

I cut a 10 acre, two 3 acres and a 2 acre with a 48" Kubota. I have cut them with a 72" scag before and didn't like it. When you have a huge yard it is usually not groomed and too bumpy for that big. You only really need something that big if you're doing something like baseball soccer and football fields I would think. And the 48" can cut hills/ditches too. And it's a HELL OF A LOT cheaper.

4. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

you can buy a 05 tt 27 hp kaw lc 85 plus tax 61 inch

5. PsRumors

PsRumors LawnSite Member

I know about the scalping etc. I have used a 60" mower with no problems. I am trying to cut my time spent on a mower as much as possible. I have demoed a 72" Deere and had no problems so I don't see why NOT to go with a 72" deck.

My main concern is price. Unlike cars, there are no "dealer invoices" etc and this is a chunk of moola. Any idea on the above listed pricing?

6. all ferris

all ferris LawnSite Bronze Member

spend the extra money on a 72". I have both a 72" and a 61" and there isn't much difference except for the speed.

7. Tombigbee

Tombigbee LawnSite Member

I prefer the JD 757.....I think more than enough for your task...Is it all flat????

"Keep the lines clean and straight."

8. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Get the most HP IMO, especially with the 72". I paid 10,500 for my 35HP Liquid cooled Scag Tiger with 61" deck though.

9. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

My choice would be either toro or exmark and especially for the price becouse they are the cheapest and damn good mowers. They BOTH give a hell of a cut and both can take a beatin.