what should I get?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by BMFD92, Jul 5, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

I currently use a Scag Gear Drive w/b. I got it last year. I'm getting to the point where I need another mower to get all these new lawns done as fast as possible. I was thinking about getting something like a Scag Cougar or a Walker. Grass grows like hell up here and after I cut I have to blow the yard. If I got a Cougar or a Walker that would save a lot of time. What do you guys think?
  2. fivestarlawnken

fivestarlawnken LawnSite Senior Member

sounds like a good plan,don't forget about bigger trailer,etc.I like scag but I see alot of walkers out there!
  3. Stripe This

Stripe This LawnSite Member

I've heard miserable things about the Cougar. My shop where I've bought all my equipment for the past 20 yrs told me that they've had nothing but bad luck with them. Actually, when I went to buy my ZTR, I had inquired about the Cougar I could have my pick of 2 or 3 lightly used Cougars which had been purchased by LCO's who were looking to sell them because they were terrible. If you have to bag (like I do) go with an Exmark Lazer Z HP...52" deck with the Ultra Vac bagger. No regrets will just over 500 hrs and counting.