what should I get?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BMFD92, Jul 14, 2004.

1. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Ive been in the business for a few years. Last season and this season I really grew. I currently have 25 accounts. I run Scag 48" wb belt drive. I also have a 1989 bobcat that my dad refurbished with a new engine and spindles in 1999 but its rapidly dieing out. Next season I will have my license. During school I will have from 2-6 to do lawns. I will have three guys working for me. I plan on having at least 40 for next season. I hope to get 10 done a day which I think I can do. So now to my point. What should I get that can cut fast and clean. Terrain varies in my area so I would probably go with another walkbehind. I was thinking about a floating deck mower and put a proslide on it. What do you guys suggest?

2. EastProLawn

EastProLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

ExMark makes a good reliable w/b at a reasonable price, but there are alot of other good brands out there. Take your time and look around not only for price & quality of the machine but dealer support as well ( this is often more important than the machine itself ) Good luck....