1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What should i include in contracts?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Jerry Lee, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member

i've just started out and i am looking in to making contracts and i cant find any examples. If you have any info please let me know.
  2. barefootlawnsandlandscape

barefootlawnsandlandscape LawnSite Senior Member

You should include what the contract will do under the Witnesseth section. You will provide the services outlined in Exhibit A, the client will pay x amount on x day. If payment is not received there are consequences that you can determine. Also any type of 30 day notice to cancel by certified letter. Also include when the contract starts and when it is signed and a place for your signature and the clients signature on the bottom. That is the first page of my contracts. Also include that Exhibit A is part of the contract and that the entire contract cannot be changed once signed without a written agreement between both parties. I also state in my contracts that any work done outside the contract must have a bid agreed upon the price before any of that work can start. Exhibit A should be an outline of what services you will perform and what frequency they will performed.

Do a search on the site this has been discussed before and guys have supplied a sample of their contract in some of the threads.

This is just how I structure my contracts, but there are many ways to structure it. If you can send me your e-mail I will send you a copy of what I use. I have never had anybody squabble of the form and wording of my contract and I have 5 lawyers as clients.
  3. Jerry Lee

Jerry Lee LawnSite Senior Member