1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What should I look for

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Roger Wilkerson, May 4, 2008.

1. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

I am looking at a few used commercial ZTR's one is a Toro Z master 52 and one is a 60" Exmark. What should I look out for and what should I ask? Both are 2800. The seller said the Exmark has a short somewhere in the wiring but he would take it to the dealer and get it fixed. For some reason the Toro has a stamped deck on a commercial frame and that concerns me. Both are in the 1200 hour range.

2. slone

slone LawnSite Member

Make Sure The Engines Are In Good Shape. If You Buy The Mower Today And Blow The Engine It Will Cost You At Least A $ 1000.00 Just For The Engine. Have A Dealer Look At Before Buying. I Have A Stamped Deck On My Lesco 54 And It Works Just Fine. It Works Better Than My 60 Fab Deck When It Comes To Fall Cleanups . The Fab Deck Tends To Let The Leaves Escape Out The Front. I Use A Vac System On Both Machines. Love The Stamp/
  3. Roger Wilkerson

Roger Wilkerson LawnSite Member

The Toro has a powerflow bagger that I will likely only use during the fall due to the hills I have. The Exmark has a rebuilt motor so it is likely the best choice unless it sells before I get to look at it (out on demo now)