What should I offer for this trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by watatrp, Nov 8, 2006.

1. watatrp

watatrp LawnSite Senior Member

I have an opportunity to buy this trailer. I'm not sure what the value is. It's a 1998 Pace Cargosport, 16' long, 6'-8" wide. I have no idea if what this guy is asking is in the ball park for value or not.

2. Total.Lawn.Care

Total.Lawn.Care LawnSite Senior Member

I just priced a brand new 8.5X18 last week and they ranged from $5200--$6500 depending on options. That trailer is a '98, 6.5X16 and I would think that he could easily get about $3K for it. That would be my guess.

Anyone with other suggestions???

It is a nice looking trailer and will be plenty of room for a while. Good luck...

3. covalawn

covalawn LawnSite Member

I would say 3K is about right. Thats what I paid for mine.

4. watatrp

Thanks for the input guys. The guy is asking $2500 for it. Thought I might be able to get it for $2300.

5. Total.Lawn.Care

If he is asking $2500 than I would definetly offer $2300 and see how you do. But even $2500 is not a bad price at all. If I had the $2500 I would buy it from him today...

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

If it were in my neighborhood and could be had for 2500, it would be behind my truck. It does have a ramp on the back doesnt it?

wayne

7. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I would offer 2k.

8. Total.Lawn.Care

So, have you bought it yet????????

9. watatrp

I finally came to agreement with the owner and will purchase it for $2500. Yes it does have a ramp in the back and was only driven to church on Sundays. It should be a good investment for my equipment. Think I may keep my open trailer though.

10. Total.Lawn.Care

We wanna see pictures when you get it rigged up and loaded.....

Yes, probably a good idea to keep the open trailer. Can always be a good straw/mulch trailer, etc.