What should I offer on this mower?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by clayslandscape, Feb 5, 2012.

1. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

I have been looking for a walk behind or a grand stand mower but I do not want to have to drop the amount of money into a Grandstand. I want a 36-40". I have found this one on Craigslist. He said he would take 2200 without the trailer and I asked what the best he could do and he said make an offer so what would you offer?

Do you suggest me finding a hydro over gear? I like the grandstand because the deck can be lifted quickly and it have the closest thing to a floating deck.

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/grd/2831257017.html

2. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Just my opinion, if this is going to be your primary mower I personally would not get a belt drive. If it's going to be a second mower or a back-up then go for it.

Looks like a great unit and I think $2,200 would be a good deal. Offer $2k and see what he says. Those Turbo Force decks really cut good.

Good luck!!

3. clayslandscape

I have a 48" zmaster 2011 with only 115 hours
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Well then, I think the mower you're looking at would be a great addition. From the pics it looks like it's in very good condition. If I was closer to VA. I wouldn't mind picking that one up for myself.

5. clayslandscape

What kind of mowers do you currently have?
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TheChiefsLawnCare

TheChiefsLawnCare LawnSite Senior Member

That was my second choice when I bought my w/b. I was between a 32 and a 36, I went with the 32 which was a good decision for backyards. I think 2700 is fair where I live at. How many hours tho that is the question. Belt isnt that bad but you just have to keep adjusting the belt. Its a good starter mower. However, my next one will be hydro.

7. gibbonsballer10

gibbonsballer10 LawnSite Senior Member

I use that same mower (except mine has the newest 15hp kawasaki) on all of my lawns. It leaves a great cut and is very easy to use and productive with the velke. I got a 2010 model with low hours shipped from FL to MD fro $2100 after everything, so I think you may be able to get him a little lower.

8. clayslandscape

Does the mower stripe well for you?
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. clayslandscape

Does a belt driven mower like this one still have true zero turn capabilities?

10. OneLineAtATime

OneLineAtATime LawnSite Member

Go low $1600, start some were low

Belt drive is zero turn as well