what should i price it

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Mowwithhustler's, Oct 25, 2002.

1. Mowwithhustler's

Mowwithhustler's LawnSite Member
    from 28465

Yeah could someone please tell me what they would charge to cut a 5 acre pasture, no weed eating, no trees, just fewl of cows, and has one barn on it. It doesnt need to be bushogged just mowed i have a 60 ich hutler z what would u charge?

2. Little Guy

Little Guy LawnSite Member

Since it is not a lawn shoot for $70.00 per hr. I guess between $500.00 and $600.00 depending on how long it takes. $600.00 for 8hrs.

Hard telling not knowing!! Little Guy:blob2:

3. Mow&Snow

Mow&Snow LawnSite Senior Member

3 or 350 should do it. I can cut 2 acres an hour with my 52" Z, so 2 and a half hours should do it. If it's smooth enough, you should be able to run full tilt if it's not that long.

4. wattsup

wattsup LawnSite Member

Where are you? In my area five acres is bushhogged for @$200. I can not see why anyone would pay to have it cut for double that or more. I would charge $350 to knock it down. To cut it and make it look good would be considerably more. If it is a pasture with cows that means manure is there, and that means more money also.

5. Swampbeast

Swampbeast LawnSite Senior Member

I charge $100 an acre, no arguments. They either take it or leave it. But I get it done FAST and its a darn good job, so they are always willing to pay. :cool:

6. What happened to your Hustler Shortcut's?

Your "dad"s 48" and 54"?

I would not touch this with a 10' pole!!!!!!!!!!!

Fewl of cow patties......YUCK!!

7. f350

f350 Banned
    from mi

i thought you wrapped your mower around a tree?

8. Sorry I read this thread first, or I would have written it.

9. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Yeah, what happened to warping the crap out of your deck looking at the topless chick.

And what in God's name was a chick doing sunbathing topless in Oak Island, N.C. where according to the Weather channel was raining and only a high of 74 degrees today?

I dont think you need to worry about pricing a 5 acre cow pie encrusted pasture.

If you do need to bid it, Toro's catalog says you should be able to mow 5 acres with a 60" deck in 1 hour and ten minutes. That's figuring at 9 MPH ground speed.

Scott

10. ROTFLMAO.......I figured it wasn't to "HOT" there.