1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

What should I sell

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by TRex, Dec 9, 2003.

1. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

I want to sell a product to customers that will make them feel good. I am not talking about anything to do with grass, that is a commodity. Just watch any commercial and you will see companys selling everything from hope to freedom and anything else to make you want to feel that way when you purchase from them. I think it could be a great seller before ever talking to a customer. I have thought about freedom, time or family.

If you don't understand what I am asking about let me know and I can scan a page from a book I am reading. It took me a few minutes to get it but the book gives a better example.
  2. EagleLandscape

EagleLandscape LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Garland, Texas

the peace of mind of knowing that they can speak with the owner (you) directly. if you get Lawn&Landscape magazine, check out the feature article in there for this months edition December 2003.
  3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

SEX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it sell, plenty of buyer, any other ???? lol

4. dependable and quality
  5. TRex

TRex LawnSite Senior Member
    from DFW ,TX

Right now that is my saying is, and it sounded good to me but I think feeling is completly different. I would like to sell someone a feeling that they will feel while they right the check or when I am done and they did not have to worry about they're lawn.

I am looking for 1 or 2 words that fit together nicely. Maybe a word that could sum up what you said.

I would love to sell it, but my wife would kill me.
  6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

personal attention is what I sell. Knowing that if they call with a problem, question, or need a price estimate I will be there that same day. I will go out of my way to research something for them or pick up some type of exotic plant, material, etc for them. They have 3 numbers where they can reach me throughout the day. So they can always get ahold of me. Business, cell, and personal
  7. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

How about something like "worry free! call me" or "gotta care? I'm there!" or "sign on the line and life will be fine" or "you will be glowing when I'm done mowing" or my favorite "read the text , I'm here for SEX" That last one will leave them with a feeling, just maybe not the one you want. LOL

8. Willis

Willis LawnSite Member

I think a ''good deal'' sells the best, just ask wall-mart and this little guy :), he's the price slasher.