What should I tell the electrician I need?? when wiring in for a pond

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by grassredneck, Sep 6, 2005.

1. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

I've sold an 8 1/2 by 11' pond and plan to use Savio's kit. Called the pond supplier and left a message, electrician wants the info ASAP. The pump I believe is a 3500 size. I've left this stuff up to the homeowner in the past.

2. grassredneck

grassredneck LawnSite Member

115V GFCI protected outlet, pump size is 3900, 750watt-(They called me back)

3. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

110 gfi that you have the electrician run to the waterfeature..you should have him put in a triple gang outlet and then just hang it on a short 6"x6"x3' post. Sink the post 18" and then you have an outlet for the pump, filter, algae uv-light, mosquito repeller, bug light, bbq light, what ever, trust me you can never have too many outlets over by the falls and pond. Waterfeatures are people magnets, and with people comes the accessories & toys they want.

4. Mancinioldhorse

Mancinioldhorse LawnSite Member

110 gfi that you have the electrician run to the waterfeature..you should have him put in a triple gang outlet and then just hang it on a short 6"x6"x3' post. Sink the post 18" and then you have an outlet for the pump, filter, algae uv-light, mosquito repeller, bug light, bbq light, what ever, trust me you can never have too many outlets over by the falls and pond. Waterfeatures are people magnets, and with people comes the accessories & toys they want.