What should i use?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by AK Lawn, Apr 8, 2002.

1. AK Lawn

AK Lawn LawnSite Member

I have been doing this for a few years now but want to service my clients btter. In Aaska classes on fertilization are few and far between. So i wanted to gain some knowlege, just wondering what fertilizer should be used first in the spring, after the snow melts and the lawns have been dormint for 6 months how can i green them up the quickest, in the past i have used 8-32-16, is this wrong, okay, or the right way? Until i found this site a month ago ifound that i knew very little, i will be applying it with lime after the initual clean up and thatch, so what should i apply? Thanks for any of your input. I believe that none of you are from Alaska so any information you give will go there and stay, as i have found some people are not comfortable giving ouot such information, Thanks
    AK Lawn

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

What type of grass are you working with?

Mark

3. stowman

stowman LawnSite Member
    from canton

well there a couple different things to use. 1. if you want your customers to go wow is 30-3-6 that will getting it going quick. or 2. use a nice balance of like 19-19-19 or something along those lines. you really cant go wrong early in the spring before you use your pre-em