1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What should Joy get her boyfriend for his graduation?

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by Dano50, Apr 30, 2009.

1. JoyofFluidFilm

JoyofFluidFilm LawnSite Senior Member

hey bill,
    that's a good idea! Bed and Breakfast sounds nice in Santa cruz...but what is there to do during the day?
    i love the idea even more when you mentioned a SHOPPING SPREE!!! yippee...man, that reminds me, i should go shopping after work..

2. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I didn't spend a lot of time there, but there was a pretty nice boardwalk, beach, and an area with a bunch of little shops and stuff. It's a nice spot. Also, I believe the movie Lost Boys was filmed there. I've never seen it but apparently it was made there. Let us know what you decide.

3. JoyofFluidFilm

Ooh, i gotta check that place out. I really love the whole idea of bed and breakfast.
    Question: what's so great about a bed and breakfast? isnt it like a hotel?

4. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

A bed and breakfast is supposed to be a bit more homey. If you don't like hanging out with a bunch of people you don't know, then might I suggest a hotel on the beach instead of a bed and breakfast. Just my thoughts on the subject. As I read your response I figured I should tell you that my wife and I actually prefer a hotel over a bed and breakfast. Or you can do what we did and go to a b&b and ignore all the people! :laugh:

5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

I recommended this a while back, still think its a good idea for you. Just find a city on the ocean with a couple of bars, restaurants and maybe some shopping.Make a long weekend out of it.

6. JoyofFluidFilm

all your ideas are great, but then i started thinking..maybe planning something that i would never ever do....like camping..im not an outdoorsy type of person...i mean, nature is great if i drive through the woods..but i dont know about hiking and camping and all that. umm...what do you do while youre camping? im such a girly girl..i dont know where to start..lol :confused:

7. camping is fun, I usually camp In a Holiday Inn. :)

8. Lucky Star Lawn Care

Lucky Star Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Drink,ride 4 wheelers, shoot guns, bbq,and if girls are the X-Rated..lol

9. JoyofFluidFilm

woo hoo spring break is here....well, im already done with school....
    who camps in holiday inn?
    drinking sounds great and bbq sounds niiiicee...

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

Well,6 pages and we are still waiting to find out what you bought him!