1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What should my Title be on business cards?

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by tyler_mott85, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tyler_mott85

tyler_mott85 LawnSite Senior Member

Owner/Operator?
    President?

I need some help deciding what my title should be on my business card that says that I am the owner and I do the work. Thanks in advance!

2. EagleGrounds

EagleGrounds LawnSite Senior Member

I like to use President, it sounds more professional i think

3. DLAWNS

DLAWNS LawnSite Fanatic

I put owner/operator on mine

4. J.R. Services

J.R. Services LawnSite Senior Member

President makes it sound like a large, impersonal corporation, which I doubt you want to be known as that. Owner/Operator is closer to the facts and sounds like you're an actual human being. my $.02

5. PMLawns

PMLawns LawnSite Member

Yes I agree...."Working Owner" speaks volumes to some. Helps reassure the idea that you are directly involved on the project. I know some small town locals in my area who scoff at the idea that you are there only to "sell" them the job. Later, "your guys" didn't have the same communication, standards, appearance ....whatever the case may be. At times, I have been asked " Are you going to be doing the work"....or "will you be here"? In a time when you have no control over material, product and fuel increases, the only thing you can directly control is the relationship with your clients. Personally, I would reserve "Pres" status until the shoe fits.....just my 2 cents!

6. elite lawns

elite lawns LawnSite Senior Member

I put owner on my business cards.

7. Carolina Cuts

Carolina Cuts LawnSite Bronze Member

Owner/Operator

8. CNYScapes

CNYScapes LawnSite Senior Member

I dont put a title.

9. dwight1moore

dwight1moore LawnSite Member

i just put my business name on mine. dont use my name