What should this trailer cost new

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by unkownfl, Mar 17, 2010.

1. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

6x12 tandem axle 3500lbs axles and 15 inch rims. 18inch mesh sides (2) 3 position trimmer racks with a drop down gate. It's an open trailer.

2. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

I guess it depends on where you live.

3. Hawg City Lawns

Hawg City Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

if not name brand id say $1300 to $1400

name brand well carry on starts there normal 6x12 with gate at $1300

4. MikeKle

MikeKle LawnSite Platinum Member

Wow, I dont see too many 12ft tandem axle trailers! It also depends alot on if its an angle steel or square tubing trailer. With the trimmer racks and mesh sides and gate, Id say around $1500. I thought a bit more than the others just because it has the trimmer racks and the mesh sides, and it is a tandem axle, most 6x12s are single axle. But it does depend on your area, look in your local tradin post and see what an similar trailer sells for.

5. unkownfl

unkownfl LawnSite Gold Member

I thought I would ask on here instead of calling dealers and wasting there time as I have no intuition in buying one new. I'm simply buying a competitor out and was just coming up with prices for his equipment. I was quoted close to 2000 +or- 200 bucks depending on the dealer + taxes which is 6.5%-7% depending on the county. Its a name brand trailer very well built mostly channel tubing and angle like any trailer I have ever seen. Going to a tubular frame would have heavier axles most likely from my experience. 6x12 is a good size here you can put 2 walk behinds and a 60 ztr rider or get two pallets of sod without any issues.

6. MikeKle

I would love to see how you can get two WBs and one ZTR on a 6x12 trailer!

7. Hawg City Lawns

oh wow i didnt see it was a tandem... well shoot i have no idea then... i was talking about singles! haha

8. Hawg City Lawns

i have a 7x12 and its a super tight fit to get two ztrs you can fit a wb a ztr and a 21" but thats pretty tight too i just carry a ztr two 21" cones and a barrel on mine and of course trimmers

9. MikeKle

And this guy says he can get 2 WBs and a ZTR on his 6x12. Unless he has the front Wb with the deck up on the front trailer rail, but even doing that, I dont see how its possible.

10. Hawg City Lawns

well i guess if you put two 36" wb and a 60" ztr all sideways you could fit them but you would have a weight distribution problem and not only that it would be tough getting all of those sideways on there