1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

What side for Trimmer Rack?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by AGM Inc., Nov 28, 2009.

1. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. LawnSite Member

Im gettin a new 6x12 trailer but my question is what side should i put the trimmer rack? I work solo so i figured put it on the drivers side so i dont have to walk around to start trimming. but that the side the cars pass. What side is the best?

2. laird006

laird006 LawnSite Member

passenger due to being by the curb, never in the street getting handhelds off the the trailer

3. tailboardtech

tailboardtech LawnSite Senior Member

all the ones i have ever mounted were on the passengers side due to safety

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

mine are on the passenger side so it is more convienent and safe to use

5. waters lawn care

waters lawn care LawnSite Member
    from alabama

I operate out of an enclosed trailer but still like them on passenger side of trailer.

6. Tennesseepowerstroke

Tennesseepowerstroke LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is on the front, only because my spare tire is on the right. I also have the Gorilla lift.

7. pdenney11

pdenney11 LawnSite Senior Member

Passenger side of trailer. I just put them in the bed of the truck so I dont have to worry about messing with a rack.

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

same here for me

9. havok1359

havok1359 LawnSite Member

Ive got 2 sets of racks. One is on the front and holds up to 3 pieces and the other is on the passenger side of trailer. To be honest it depends on how you pull up to your yard. I dont like pulling up next to the curb of the yard Im trying to cut: (1) because i have more room to edge (2) I can blow the clippings alot better and there's no leftovers like there are when truck is in the way. Its just easier in residential areas. When I cut my commercials it doesnt matter bc its just a bigger parking lot. Hope it helps

10. Big C

Big C LawnSite Bronze Member

Passenger side for two reasons: (1) closest to curb while mowing (2) If one should fall while going down the road it will not fall into oncoming traffic.