What Size And Type Of Mowers To Get.

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by superrman77, Feb 12, 2014.

1. scag2015

scag2015 LawnSite Bronze Member

Thank you very much!:)
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. scag2015

Ouch!!!! Man that stinks!
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. scag2015

Some yards are fescue and probably some Bahia in other yards, so that being said, would it work to be cutting at like 3.75 for a meet in the middle? Oh by the way, dumb question here, what do you mean by, "a few and far from a fixed deck"? Thanks:)!
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Are you sure they are Bahia grass? I didn't think Tenn had much of it 3.75 is a good compromise. What I meant was Bermuda, Centipede and Zoysia are a definite minority in the lawns you will likely see.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. scag2015

No, I didn't really know, that's why I said probably, but anyway, thank you that's good news if I want to go with the swz, haven't really decided yet, I would love your/you'll opinion on that!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. scag2015

And also, what are the best cutting heights for grasses around me,? Fescue zoysia centipede Bermuda? And are there more?
    I havnt really learned about identifying grass types, except for like scotts website which I didn't really get good info from it. Thanks
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

Research your State Extension service. Betting they'll have archived info that will be non-biased as far as what works and when to do what. It may not be laid out pretty, but by sifting through it you'll learn a lot about your area...and regional turf-types.

8. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

So have you been down to your dealer and looked at the different machines? The SWZ is a solid jack of all trades. Hydro performance and the fixed deck keeps it cost effective. Pair it with a good platform as I don't think you want to run 7mph.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  9. scag2015

Yeah, iv looked into the swzt and the swz. I like the new feature if the swzt (controls design and heigh adjustment) but iv always!! Love the swz! It is like you said. A jack of all trades! This year I'll be able to tell on which mower I should get based on my customers, (because I think I'll need to changes the height in the field sometimes. I would love your imput on the swz! And the swzt also is you've got some time:) thanks!
    Posted via Mobile Device