what size deck for new walk behind?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by OHIOLAWNWORKS, Feb 27, 2007.

1. OHIOLAWNWORKS

OHIOLAWNWORKS LawnSite Member

Going to get a new walk behind but can not decide what size deck 36 or 44. What are the pros and cons of each? I am worried about the 44 scalping more, maby i shouldn't be. I am getting either a Better quick36 or quick 44

2. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

It depends if your props. have fenced in back yards and how wide the gates are. Obviously you wouldn't want to go with a 44 if most of your props have 36 inch gates. The 44 will be more be a little more efficient, but with only one mower you need versatility. Good luck!

3. 4curbappeal

4curbappeal LawnSite Senior Member

You shouldn't have any scalping issues with the 44!

4. OHIOLAWNWORKS

no I don't have any fenced yards and really don't want any. Mostly it will be used on 20 apartment buildings, lawn is slightly hilly with many tight areas. Not to tight that a 44 would not fit. like I said just worried about scalping. I have a 757 m.o.d. and lazer z hp 52inch and think they both are great mowers but I have never used nothing but a 21 walk behind, thats why I am looking for help with this. thanks:drinkup:

5. BMFD92

BMFD92 LawnSite Senior Member

Well since you have the two riders and you need something a little more compact I would go with the 44 because from what it sounds there is enough room for it to operate comfortably so thats my 2 cents.

6. TXNSLighting

TXNSLighting LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

yeh i guess id say do the 44....

7. OHIOLAWNWORKS

anyone else?