What Size Enclosed Trailer

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by KPJK, Feb 7, 2008.

1. KPJK

KPJK LawnSite Member

Looking to Purchase an enclosed trailer for hardscaping any suggestions on the best size??????

2. monty33

monty33 LawnSite Member

I have been researching our enclosed trailer for a month and am settled on the 16' plus 3' v-nose. We are going to haul our dingo and hardscaping equip. Go to a dealer w/ a tape measure and walk in the different sizes with a rough layout of your equipment in mind. I like the v-nose for additional shelf space w/o much more over all length as well as fuel economy. Consider access as well. Good luck.

3. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

what type of truck are u going to haul ur V-nose with? they are not good on stake bodies or dumps and difficult to shelve that area efficiently too.

4. monty33

monty33 LawnSite Member

Mckee, what possible difference do stake trucks or dump trucks have when towing a v-nose. The three foot v-nose I am talking about has a rounded v, not a point, allowing for decent (although not a perfect) shelving situation.

5. McKeeLand

McKeeLand LawnSite Senior Member

the overhang on the v's come to close to the back of a stake body overhang. they jack knife way to easy when backing up. i just had to extend the hitch on my buddies stake body for his trailer and it is a flat nose.

6. KPJK

KPJK LawnSite Member

Thanks i'm leaning towards 7 x 16 Tandem Wheel just looking for input

7. Tom B.

Tom B. LawnSite Member

KPJK, search this topic and you should find several threads with some pretty good advice, suggestions, etc.

8. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

it all depends on what equipment you have to put in the trailer? demos and tampers or a dingo and demos and teampers? give us an ide of equipment you want to haul and store inside.